The Policy Forum met via Zoom on Friday 24 September. Significant agenda items are summarised on this page. View the full agenda.
Key agenda items:
- an update on the building consent collaboration working party and work it is undertaking looking at collaborative measures to reduce pressure on building consent processing across councils
- discussion of a proposed submission to the Productivity Commission consultation on New Zealand’s immigration system
- discussion of carbon forestry impacts on councils and how best to approach the issue
- an update on the Future for Local Government reforms
- an update on resource management reforms
- an update on the Mayoral Forum work programme and recent activity.
The Chief Executives Forum meets on 1 November
The Mayoral Forum meets on 19 November