The Policy Forum met via Zoom on Friday 24 September. Significant agenda items are summarised on this page.
Key agenda items
- An update on the building consent collaboration working party and work it is undertaking looking at collaborative measures to reduce pressure on building consent processing across councils
- Discussion of a proposed submission to the Productivity Commission consultation on New Zealand’s immigration system
- Discussion of carbon forestry impacts on councils and how best to approach the issue
- An update on the Future for Local Government reforms
- An update on resource management reforms
- An update on the Mayoral Forum work programme and recent activity.
- The Chief Executives Forum meets on 1 November
- The Mayoral Forum meets on 19 November.