The Chief Executives met virtually on Monday 2 May.
Key agenda items
- Discussed the three waters transition, noting concerns around impacts of data collection requests on councils, and agreed to write to the National Transition Unit seeking clarification around their information gathering activities
- Discussed the draft Mayoral Forum triennium agreement for the 2022-24 term
- Received draft materials for communicating with potential candidates around local government elections
- Received an update from Ben Clark, Regional Public Service Commissioner, and Eamon Coulter, Director for the Canterbury COVID-19 Response on the regional leadership group’s COVID-19 response.
- An update on the CWMS strategy.
- The Mayoral Forum meets on 27 May
- The Corporate and Operations Forums meet on 20 June
- The Policy Forum meets on 1 July
- The Chief Executives Forum meets on 1 August.