Held on 6 May 2019 and hosted by Selwyn District Council.
Key agenda items
- Discussion with the Department of Internal Affairs on the government’s review of Three Waters – focused on the regulatory regime; the relative priorities of drinking water, stormwater and wastewater; drinking water standards; implications for rural schemes; stewardship and policy oversight of regulatory services; potential costs and funding issues; and options for water service delivery.
- Reviewing the draft final report from the Canterbury Water Management Strategy ‘Fit for the Future’ project. This includes draft goals for 2025 and 2030 and advice on an implementation programme for the new goals. The final report on the ‘Fit for the Future’ project will be considered by the Mayoral Forum on 24 May 2019.
- Endorsed an initial draft Triennial Agreement for the 2020–2022 local government term, for consideration by the Mayoral Forum.
- Confirmation of a budget for collaborative resourcing of regional activities undertaken by Canterbury regional forums and working groups.
- Quarterly updates on the Canterbury Water Management Strategy, implementation of the three-year work programme and CREDS projects, and Provincial Growth Fund applications from Canterbury.
- The Mayoral Forum meets in Christchurch on 23–24 May 2019.
- The Chief Executives Forum next meets on 22 July 2019.
This meeting was Dr Karleen Edwards’ last as Chief Executive of Christchurch City Council. The Chief Executives Forum thanked Dr Edwards for her contributions to Christchurch and Canterbury and wished her well in her future endeavours.