The COVID-19 lockdown meant the Policy Forum could not meet in April 2020, so the Forum gathered on 3 July 2020 for the first time since October 2019.
Key agenda items were:
- a review of terms of reference for zone committees (Canterbury Water Management Strategy)
- establishment of a short-life working group to support preparation of council Long-term plans for 2021–31 – made all the more challenging by the economic impact of COVID-19 and central government’s Three Waters reform programme
- reviewing and confirming the Policy Forum’s work programme in this local government term
- planning a regional workshop on design and use of report templates to support decision making
- progressing a regional climate change risk assessment.
- The Corporate and Operations Forums next meet on 14 September 2020.
- The Policy Forum next meets on 2 October 2020.